Saturday, February 9, 2008

John & Jennie

This is Grandma Jennie Hofman and her photo is stamped on the back with the date, June 8, 1948. She looks like she's standing on Munising Point with Oddfellow & Rebecca Camp being that spit of land over her shoulder. I know Grandma & Grandpa rented D'Archangel's cottage which is situated on this very point. Never the "comeliest" of women, I still find it VERY impressive that her stomach is so flat after eight pregnancies! Now, let us exam the dress code for a minute. Grandma is rockin' that linen dress with the pearl earrings and the gold watch. That's exactly what I would pick for beachwear at BSL.

Below is a picture of Grandpa John Hofman (he's the one sitting down in the boat -- smart idea, John). This particular bay looks to me to be the one that culminates (dissipates) into Mucky Harbor. What I find so impressive about this photo is the sight, preserved for all eternity, of men fishing in neckties! It's kinda like, Robin Hood, Men In Tights! This photo is even older and is similar in dimension to Hofman photos I have from the 1930s. We know they're old because, look Ma, no cottages!






No comments: